Saturday, July 14, 2007

Tough Economic Times Out There

I have some friends who are struggling to snap up a bargain home in the Washington area. They've been trying and trying to find a home in foreclosure that they can buy for less than it's worth in order to use the extra funds to build a squash court, but the market just hasn't ripened for them yet. I keep telling them they'll either have to wait for the market to mature or cash in a stock option, but they're reluctant to do that.

I'm glad I know them, though, so that when I leave my mansion in McLean and go out there to talk with the great unwashed on the campaign trail, I'll have some idea of what it's like for folks who are struggling in this economy.

It's like they tell you when you start acting -- use what you know.

No comments: