Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Dow, Blah Blah Blah Boring

What to make of the news that the Dow crept over 14,000? Publicly, if anyone asks, I'll say that it's great, it's evidence that we're moving ahead on the right track, that all the naysayers (and I would keep it general -- just say "naysayers," so you can take it to mean naysayers about the war in Iraq, the Bush tax cuts for me and my friends, whatever you want) are wrong, and so on and so forth.

Privately? Hell if I know what that means. I just make the money; I leave it to Jeri to put it in the bank (or stocks, or gold, or whatever the hell else she likes). And the little secret is that most presidents don't know jack about this stuff, either. We just have the brain-heads write us up some bullet points and tell us what to think.

No comments: