Sunday, August 5, 2007

Not Thrilled? The Thriller's Not in the Race Yet

The Washington Post sure is trying to call an inch a mile: this story about Iowa Republicans not being thrilled about their candidates is all stretched out from some thin evidence.

The key thing to note about that story is that I'm not in the race yet. And I'm already polling in a tie for second behind Miss Romney, who's in the lead just because she's been spending so much money there.

No wonder they're not thrilled. They're not thrilled because the only thrilling candidate isn't officially a candidate yet. And besides, none of this stuff starts to matter until next January, for cryin' out loud. That's plenty of time for me to sex them up right.

The only thing I'm not thrilled about these days is the media elite's big attack on my wife. And the Post just continued the attack with this backhanded bit insinuating my wife never made a name for herself until after she met me. I don't know what gave them that idea, other than the facts they cite.

No comments: